Any noises that exceed 85 decibels will require hearing protection, and ear muffs reduce the noise exposure level to ensure that there is no risk of hearing loss.
Benefits of Ear Muffs
- Comfortable way to reduce incoming noise
- Reduce risk of hearing loss in noisy environments
- Provide warmth when worn outdoors in the cold season
- Designed as a one-size-fits-all
- Easily visible in a busy environment
- Can be worn even if you have an ear infection or another problem that prevents you using ear plugs
Ear Muff Specifications
The ear muffs we offer are designed specifically for adults. They provide up to a 34dB noise reduction rating and are the highest protection you can get for your ears.
The design is lightweight to make it easy to carry around and provides all-day comfort for long work sessions. They have a low-profile design which makes them easy to carry around, and the ear cups and headband are both padded for maximum comfort.
They’re also adjustable, making them easily fit on all head sizes and come in a variety of colours.
The Importance of Ear Muffs
The human ear can only accept up to a maximum of 75dB of noise. Past this threshold, you’re at risk of damaging your hearing.
Ear muffs are especially important in loud environments such as a construction site, but are also valuable when using power tools such as drilling machines and chainsaws.
Exposing yourself to loud noises for just 5 to 10 minutes could have permanent and irreversible effects on your hearing, and it’s always recommended to use a reliable pair of ear muffs.